What is Meaningful Work?
The purpose of Meaningful Work is to develop, promote, and foster opportunities to connect and authenticate work experiences for Schreiner students. In addition, we provide support and resources for faculty and staff to enhance experiential learning opportunities. Meaningful Work helps create experiences that lead Schreiner students to develop the skills, knowledge, habits of mind, and dispositions to be successful in a diverse workforce.
Earn a Meaningful Work Certificate
Earning a Meaningful Work Certificate will help prepare you for the pursuit of your chosen career. You complete the certificate requirements as you complete your degree, gaining valuable experience and insight along the way. The certificate recognizes and honors Schreiner students who are career ready, helping them stand out among other university graduates. You will be able to demonstrate to future employers and graduate schools that you are prepared for today’s diverse workforce. Regardless of your major, you can pursue the Meaningful Work Certificate.
Develop your marketable skills and career competencies by earning your Meaningful Work Certificate. The certificate requirements are based on Schreiner standards and degree plans, NACE Career Readiness Competencies, and the Texas 60×30 Plan. For more information about Meaningful Work please contact David Reast.
Meaningful Work Certificate Requirements
- Work-Study or Part-Time job
- Professional Profile (see checklist)
- Professional Network (see checklist)
- A public dissemination regarding your experience/engagement. This can consist of a class presentation, a poster or presentation for the Academic Showcase, a video, a blog, etc. (Contact David Reast for details)
- Reflection over the experience/engagement.