Choosing a Career or Major
It’s very common to feel unsure about which major and career path is the best one for you – and that’s okay! The world of work is evolving faster than ever, and new pathways emerge all the time. We provide tools and resources to help you explore your personality, strengths and preferences while gaining knowledge about the labor market and various career paths. Even if you are certain that you are in the field that is right for you, we can help you explore the various careers that fit well with your chosen major.
The Center for Advising and Career Development knows that selecting a major can be overwhelming, so we encourage you to take your time and explore your options by visiting us and by using the career resources below.
Schreiner University students have access to an online interactive, self-guided career and education planning system designed to help students make decisions about their future career goals and education plans and be Career Ready!
This interactive process will:
- Assess your career planning involvement, career readiness competencies, work interests, values, skills, personality type and leisure interests through assessments.
- Broaden your career options and helps you discover occupations matching your personal preferences and attributes.
- Discover and explore career fields, majors and training programs that are best for you.
- Helps plan a career and educational pathway that will support your personal needs and goals.
- Helps you understand and build career readiness competencies to help become career ready.
Students can also create a roadmap/E-Portfolio containing their academic and career development activities within the “TAKE ACTION” section their FOCUS2 account. Maintaining your undergraduate experiences throughout your college career is easy to record in this section. Students can review their entries by clicking on the “Review and Print My Portfolio” button. Use this report to help you generate your resume (select the “My Action Plan” box, then click on the “Build My Portfolio” button).
Click Here to access your FOCUS2 Account
Visit “What Can I Do With This Major?” to explore majors or search for information about your chosen field!
Career Advising Peers are available to help you with your FOCUS2 Account! Schedule an Appointment today!