This position is part of the Army Internship Program (SIP) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army. The Army Internship Program (SIP) provides an exciting opportunity to embark on a developmental, accelerated career path as a Army Civilian including continued training and educational opportunities, with no military obligation. Interns may also receive paid training, certifications, and rotational assignments. Don’t wait! Apply now to start your Civilian Army career today! We are seeking driven, high-performing teammates, and …
INTERNSHIPS: How We Can Assist Departments, Faculty and Staff
The Schreiner University Internship Program assists students in obtaining high-quality internships prior to graduation and works closely with employers to develop internships within their organizations. In some cases, experiential education is known as a co-op or practicum. Regardless of what the experience is called, students gain valuable academic learning outside the classroom.
The mission of the program is to prepare students for meaningful work who, through the benefits of experiential education, become the next generation of leaders for the global community. We feel strongly that when students gain real-world experience in their field of study, they excel academically, as well as professionally.
- Wendy Blaettner, Director of the Schreiner Experience
- Coordinator of Meaningful Work
The Schreiner University Career Center is here to assist you with any or all of the following:
- Developing internships for your students.
- Assisting in the creation of internship course syllabi.
- Following up on employer leads you provide us.
- Working with employers to create meaningful job descriptions.
- Advising students about the internship process.
- Maintaining internship postings on Handshake.
- Facilitating departmental approval through Handshake.
- Troubleshooting internship issues between students and employers.
- Coordinating student and employer evaluations.
- Conducting employer check-ins/site visits.
- Offering workshops and class presentations on internships.
- Maintaining records on current and former interns by major and semester.
Here is the benefit for you: The Career Center can transfer the existing data faculty and staff already have concerning internships and retroactively add it to the Handshake system so there is a single repository of internship data. This allows faculty and staff the freedom to not have to worry about storing student information in a secure location while still having access to the data when it’s needed.
We look forward to building a strong internship partnership with you and your department!
Meaningful Work Experiential Learning Grant (for unpaid internships)
The Office of Meaningful Work offers grants for undergraduate students participating in unpaid internships. The intention of the scholarship is to encourage and support experiential learning opportunities that help students prepare for their careers. Contact the Office of Meaningful Work to learn more about the Meaningful Work Experiential Learning Grant.