WILDWOOD RANCH JOB DESCRIPTIONS OVERVIEW, the MEDIA SPECIALIST should:
- Be familiar and knowledgeable in the area of photography.
- Prefer someone that has access to a DSLR camera.
- Familiar and knowledgeable with movie & editing software. (Prefer IMovie and personal laptop).
- Be self-motivated, personable and able to manage large groups of all ages.
- Well organized and able to manage time wisely.
- Detail oriented.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings each day and on Sundays.
- Put the needs of the campers before your own needs/desires.
- Show love to all campers while they are at camp.
- Work alongside & support other staff you come in contact with throughout the day.
- Help campers keep the campgrounds clean by teaching them about the “Leave No Trace” concept.
- Assist Leadership Staff during evening activities, including campfires.
- Greet camper families with great enthusiasm when they arrive at camp/bus stop.
- Greet with great enthusiasm the bus when it arrives with campers from Detroit.
- Effectively utilize spontaneous “teachable moments”.
- Participate in skits and worship at Chapel as needed. Actively supervise and engage campers during Chapel.
- Encourage & build up the excitement of the summer theme, clean cabins and cabin competitions each week.
- .Complete camper paperwork/staff evaluations as asked by the end of the week.
Be an example of true Christian character and conduct. The Media Specialist is responsible for photographing campers and staff throughout each camp day then uploading the photographs to our camper photo site. In addition, they are expected to actively film live video to be used in our slideshow/video and year-round marketing. They will also assist in evening activities and chapels when finished with photography duties. The Media Specialist reports to the Program Director and Assistant Program Director.