Job Title: Logistics Program Planning & Inventory Control Intern (INT 15) (May – Aug 2021)
VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities.
The internship program at Volkswagen Group of America Chattanooga Operations is intended to provide college / university students and recent graduates the opportunity to use and develop skills they have learned in the classroom by working at our state-of-the-art production facility, and to provide experience and insight into the culture.
Our internships are full-time positions (40 hrs/week). Candidates will be expected to be available to work during normal business hours (Monday – Friday; exact hours will vary by position and some positions might require work on Saturdays). To be eligible for the internship program, candidates are required to be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary educational institution, or have graduated from one within the 6 months prior to the start date of the internship. Candidates who do not meet our guideline will not be considered. This position will start on May 10th, 2021 and end on August 13th, 2021 with a chance for extension through December 2021. Applications for later terms will not be accepted at this time.
As a local intern the applicant shall work in the Inventory Control and Claims Team supporting day to day operations as well as a special project. The intern will learn basic inventory principles and be trained on basic SAP inventory functions.
- Investigate root cause of Inventory Discrepancies
- Document and photograph material damages for chargeback process
- Design website for Inventory Control team
Required: Earning or completed a Bachelor of Sciences in IT/ Logistics/ Industrial Engineering/ or related Majors
- Problem solving skills
- Computer savvy
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Performance Driven
- Strong Initiative
- Excel experience
- Math / Analytical expertise
- Able to write macros
- Understanding of manufacturing environment
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
Basic Knowledge of:
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software – Excel, Power Point, SAP.
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Resource and time management
Scope and Magnitude
This role description is a guideline and does not create contractual rights between the Company and any of its employees. The Company does not enter into any type of employment contract, implied or written, with its employees regarding job security.