We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Analytics at Vacasa?
We turn complex data into informed decisions affecting every aspect of the company, from identifying new business opportunities to streamlining existing processes. We value collaboration and informed decision-making. We’re always learning, always teaching, and always ready for a Nerf battle.
What we’re looking for
As the Revenue Analytics Intern, you will be exposed to several business segments within our growing analytics department. We are looking for quick learners who enjoy solving problems often without a clear answer, a curiosity to always learn, a desire to be challenged, and a general excitement for nerding out about data, SQL, and business cases/solutions/recommendations.
What you’ll do
- Hunt through data to not only answer questions and business problems but shape the way questions are asked
- Present findings in persuasive and interesting manner–data is awesome
- Create and enhance visibility into the data to inform actions faster
- Help build, find, and define KPIs for relevant and assigned projects
- Find, build, and refine existing forecasts and models
- Research and test hypothesis to make business recommendations
- Always learn, always teach
Skills you’ll need
- Experience working with data, reporting, and driving actionable business change via analysis and reporting
- Experience manipulating and cleaning datasets
- Strong analytical, math, SQL, Excel, and organization skills required
- Ability to understand complex analytical problems
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative program such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Finance or a similar degree path
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel Wizardry
- An analytical mind and curiosity with a passion for learning and self development
- Bonus points for experience with Python and data visualization tools
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- Length of internship: 10-12 weeks
What you’ll get
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Hands-on experience in your field
- Dedicated mentorship support
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture