As an Accountant at United Rentals, you will be responsible for performing monthly accounting activities for operations throughout the US and Canada. Duties include performing general ledger account reconciliations, monthly close tasks, and providing accounting support to field operations and corporate, as necessary.
This is a challenging yet rewarding position. We’ll provide the tools, the technology and the support you need to do the job right. You’ll be proud of your team and the work we all do in providing the equipment that helps safely build our communities.
Location: Stamford, CT. Remote to start. Will work out of office location once it is safe to do so. No relocation available.
Responsibilities will also include the following:
- Perform monthly close processes and account reconciliations in support of the monthly close process
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliations; explain period fluctuations and research/clear account transactions
- Execute assigned monthly close processes and book general ledger journal entries with proper support, timely and accurately
- Update instructions for current procedures/processes, as needed
- Provide assistance to regions, districts and branches for accounting matters
- Respond to inquiries from the field on accounting matters related to assigned responsibilities
- Provide financial reporting support related to assigned responsibilities to the Regions as necessary
- Complete ad hoc analyses related to assigned responsibilities
- Provide financial data related to assigned responsibilities to fulfill both internal and external requests for financial data efficiently
- Identify process improvement opportunities that adds value to company
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting or Finance degree or comparable work experience required. CPA/CMA designation or MBA preferred
- Public and/or private accounting experience preferred
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office including advanced Excel skills)
- Financial accounting software skills preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary