At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
The Hazard Review Specialist is responsible for product data review and compliance/regulatory research. This position provides clients with specialized safety data reports on product regulations and compliance requirements through careful product review and research.
- Reviews submissions to the database system and prepares the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) as ordered for domestic retailers.
- Provides regulatory support to customer support to ensure client needs are met.
- Provides knowledge of regulatory issues and requirements for enhancement of software and testing.
- Reviews submissions for accurate and timely delivery of regulatory data to retailers.
- Publish SDS and other regulatory documents as ordered
- Provides regulatory knowledge and expertise to clients as needed for compliance with US and Canadian retail regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with product development and programming teams to improve and assist with testing of software. Provides feedback on performance of software to management and product development to improve software products.
- Assists the customer service team by responding to customer inquiries by email, phone, or in-person to support authoring or regulatory service projects.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology, Environmental Sciences, or similar required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Knowledge of DOT/transport laws a plus.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.