U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
If you’re interested in helping people make important decisions with their money, we want to hear from you! In this role, you’ll advance your writing, editing and SEO skills by working on content for our credit cards, loans and banking sections. Tasks may include writing bylined credit card profiles and advice articles; updating loans, banking and credit card profiles; learning and applying search engine optimization best practices; and using content management and database systems. You’ll also learn to work with a team whose members are based across the country.
Are you up to the challenge?
1. Learn about optimizing content for SEO and writing for a consumer audience.
2. Receive coaching from senior team members.
3. Update existing profile pages with fresh content and to reflect SEO trends.
4. Write new content as needed to expand the verticals’ depth and reach.
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 48+ credit hours (rising juniors/seniors and graduate students) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
- Experience editing for flow, clarity and AP style.
- Experience writing clear, error-free copy.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Prefer journalism, communications or English majors who have completed at least one relevant internship.
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 10 weeks; ideally, starting on Monday, June 5, 2023 through Friday, August 11, 2023.
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- Internship pays $16.10 an hour.
- Work for this role will be performed fully remote.
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- U.S. News & World Report strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated (including boosters).
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.