Monday – Friday, Must be available to work any below shifts with notice
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
12:00 am – 8:00 am
4:00 pm – 8:00 am
Description of Job Duties
- Assist an experienced technician with chassis dynamometer vehicle testing.
- Observe, monitor, and record instrumentation/results during testing.
- Must be able to record data on computer accurately and legibly on test forms and document necessary information regarding testing.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions from supervisor, project leader, and lead technicians.
- Must be able to work in a hazardous environment with high noise, heat, and fume levels.
- Must have the ability to adjust various mechanical knobs, levers, switches and buttons.
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime, and shift work.
- Training will be done on a day shift.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic skills in the safe operation of hand tools is required.
- Desire knowledge of automotive industry.
- Requires familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interpret and work from verbal and written instructions.
- Desired familiarity with gasoline vehicles and automotive mechanical skills. 2-5 years of working experience required.
Description of Physical Requirements (Standing, walking for long periods of time)
Frequent bending, standing, pushing, reaching. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. Steel Toed Shoes required. Drivers License (clear MVR required)
Description of Driving Duties (Frequency, vehicle ownership and use of trailer) Must have valid DL, will drive company vehicles on campus daily. Driving will be less than 10% of your shift
Dress Code: Jeans and Collared Shirt