Purchasing and Material Specialist
Oversees activities related to the purchase of materials, material control, and inventory control. Executes and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems. Ensures materials are ordered and in stock to meet company requirements while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
1. Purchase Order Management
• Responsible for preparation of purchase orders/documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Enter Purchase Orders into PO database based on Kan Ban card; process requisitions submitted by department managers, ensuring appropriate approval is obtained prior to placing orders with vendors.
• Ensure timely submission of PO to vendor.
• Obtain/load all necessary documentation into purchase order system in order to substantiate purchase.
• Add new items into PO database, ensuring accuracy of General Ledger account, Item class and category.
• Track, update and actively communicate changes in purchase order delivery dates/quantities to manufacturing, maintenance and engineering.
• Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
• Reach out to vendors on delivery delays, discrepancies or back orders.
2. Material / Inventory Control
• Ensure Kanban card levels reflect appropriate volume levels and lead times.
• Work with management to find alternate sources on stock inventory when back order issues may affect production.
• Assist with Top 20 inventory count, entering into recap spreadsheet.
• Working with Receiving clerk, ensure appropriate levels of stock inventory are maintained in stock room.
• Provide backup for Receiving clerk on monitoring Kan Ban card inventory and Top 20 Inventory count.
• Contact vendor for RMAs
3. Receipts Management
• Timely processing of receiving documentation in the Purchase Order database and Accounting systems.
• Create POs and process receipts on various monthly services provided by vendors, following up on any missing invoices.
• Ensure General Ledger coding is accurate for Purchases Orders and Receipts.
• Make corrections as needed into the Purchase order database.
• Weekly monitoring of Open/Partial PO report to ensure timeliness of PO receipts from vendor.
• Provide research on pending invoices; requests from A/P team.
4. Safety / General
• Work in a manner to prevent avoidable accidents
• Utilize approved PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times
• Report all known hazards to Management immediately
• Looks for ways to streamline process and procedures.
• Participate in other special projects as assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
Experience and Background
• Three (3) plus years of related work experience
• Strong working knowledge in MS Excel (REQUIRED)
• General understanding of Accounting practices beneficial
• Ability to read English in order to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals