Policy Change Clerk
**The position requires
• 2 years’ experience in a clerical/administrative/customer service role,
• excellent communication skills,
• strong attention to detail and accuracy,
• working knowledge of Word and Excel and accurate data entry skills.
• Knowledge of life insurance is desired but not required
Test on Word, Excel, Basic office skills including math, filing, proofreading, Call Center Customer Service Survey.
*test scores required with submission, Call Center Survey 85% or higher
This position is responsible for processing a variety of policy change requests and assisting the Sr. Policy Change Specialist. Duties include data entry, handling/preparing documents and correspondence, and handling manual loan payments and bank drafts.
1. Assists with processing incoming mail and requests for policy information.
2. Prepares correspondence for policyholders and/or Agents on any reinstatements for several companies. Assists with correspondence on policy changes for several companies. Handles correspondence for special projects as required.
3. Handles annual renewable term premium increases to include correspondence to policyholder and/or agent.
4. Assists Policy Change Specialists with processing of non-taken policies to include correspondence to agents and policyholders and updating of spreadsheet; send courtesy email to agent.
5. Assists with quoting rates for new insurance by phone correspondence; assists applicants in applying for new policies when no agent is available; explains all policies, provisions, plus various riders by phone and correspondence as required.
6. Maintains check log for all replacement checks.
7. Analyzes, composes and types replies to correspondence pertaining to policy information. Explains policy provisions, plus various riders, by phone and correspondence as requested.
8. Assists with keying information for 1099 reporting. Assists with balance of report before printing of the 1099 can be completed. Checks the output to determine if it is accurate and is ready for mailing. Reports problems found.
9. Assists with loan payments for Legacy system which includes manual payments and EFT payments through bank and Legacy systems.
10. Assists with processing APLs for Legacy system three times a month. Manual process includes calculating premium amounts, loan interest, and correspondence.
11. Assists with processing of delinquent loan interest for Legacy system three times a month. Manual process includes addition unpaid loan interest to outstanding policy loan and sending correspondence.
12. Assists with running of re-proposals/illustrations for policyholders and agents.
13. Assists with re-dating of policies.
14. Processes delinquent list on weekly basis; maintain replacement checks and updates log.
15. Obtains second signature on checks.
16. Responsible for validation of specific reports utilized.
17. Performs any other duties assigned.