As a member of the Marketing team at the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF), the Marketing and Communications Intern will report to the Marketing Manager. The Marketing and Communications Intern will get the opportunity to assist in sharing foundation and tourism communications through branded emails and social media campaigns, blog stories, sms campaigns, direct mailings, and live marketing. A successful intern candidate would also have prior experience with writing, social media engagement, email campaigns, and web design. Above all, we are looking for someone who enjoys working with creativity and integrity to produce high quality marketing experiences.
- Support with membership and corporate communications as well as promotional and tourism emails to unique consumer lists.
- Assists with social media content flow for multiple social pages as directed by the editorial calendar and Marketing Manager to supplement email communications.
- Support with live videos and story engagement to supplement social media content flow.
- Help maintain and grow sms database and messaging.
- Co-creates direct mail campaign with Marketing Manager for membership appeal in spring and fall.
- Assists in updating Medora.com, Crowdriff, rTown app, affiliate tourism listings, and other marketing related tools.
- Create itineraries and experiences for bloggers and VIP’s.
- Part of the marketing street team to engage with guests at a grassroots level.
- Maintains positive relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Participates in workplace safety training sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- We want our intern to be successful. We do have a set list of responsibilities for the intern but are open to tailoring aspects of the intern experience towards their interests.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experiences in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and other platforms.
- Comfortable with writing for social media, promotional emails, blog stories, and website updates.
- Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail
- Technical Capacity
- Listening and Critical Thinking Skills
- Time Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and printers. Occasionally works in hot and humid temperatures outside.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk, have repetitive use of hands and arms, hand/eye coordination, able to concentrate on tasks, remember details, and discriminate colors. Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach overhead, and lift up to ten pounds of large, odd-shaped objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned, close proximity use of computer software and ability to determine safety of workplace surroundings for themselves and guests.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. The employee would be scheduled 35-40 hours in the marketing department with potential for overtime in peak weeks. The employee would also be scheduled for 5-10 hours of customer service facing work.
Required Education and Experience
- Completed one semester of marketing or advertising related classes at the University level.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.