Talent Acquisition Department Intern Fellow
About Us: The Student Conservation Association (SCA) is the largest provider of hands-on environmental conservation programs for youth and adults. Program participants protect and restore national parks, marine sanctuaries, cultural landmarks, and community green spaces across the country.
The SCA Talent Acquisition Intern Fellow will play a vital role in the National Capital Region Programs Team by contributing to our local recruitment initiatives. As an SCA Fellow, you will gain valuable hands-on experience in outreach, communications, recruiting, and creating data management systems. This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop skills, network, and make a positive impact on the environment.
This intern will be a liaison between our regional SCA programs and local youth/young adult groups, including schools, community centers, and other community organizations. All SCA Fellow Interns will operate as a cohort, participating in orientation, training, and ongoing check-ins together over the twelve-week period.
Department: Talent Acquisition Department
Location: Hybrid remote/in-person at DC-area high schools for recruitment events
Duration: January 8, 2024 – March 29, 2024 (12 Weeks, 25 hours per week)
– Assist in sourcing and screening potential candidates through various channels, such as job boards, social media, and professional networks. This includes reviewing resumes, evaluating qualifications.
– Conduct initial phone screenings to assess candidate qualifications, skills, and cultural fit. You will play a key role in determining which candidates move forward in the recruitment process.
– Support recruiters in scheduling and coordinating interviews virtually. This involves communicating with candidates and internal stakeholders to ensure a smooth interview process.
– Assist with drafting and posting engaging job descriptions to attract top talent. You will collaborate with the recruitment team to create compelling job ads that effectively communicate our company culture and requirements.
– Collaborate with the HR Recruiting team to develop and implement innovative recruitment strategies. You will contribute ideas and insights to attract a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
– Participate in career fairs and other recruitment events to promote our employer brand. This includes representing our company, answering candidate questions, and showcasing our opportunities.
– Provide administrative support to the recruitment team, including organizing files and documents. You will help maintain accurate candidate records, update databases, and ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
– Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
– Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to accuracy.
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
- Compensation: $18/hour
- Valuable hands-on experience in outreach, communications, and recruiting.
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced staff or SCA alumni.
- Potential for college credit [if applicable].
- The chance to make a positive impact on youth and young adults in the DC area.
Job Types: Internship, Part-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 25 per week