You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The Middle Market Underwriting internship program is designed to prepare college students for a career in underwriting.
- Achieve standards established for success in the program by completing daily assignments; plan and prioritize work activities to achieve desired results within necessary time frames
- Actively participate by asking questions, volunteering answers, and assisting teammates as appropriate
- Participate fully with the other interns on any group/team activities, as assigned by the manager
- Effectively use on-line resources, automation tools, and computer software packages
- Assist in coordinating sales-process for market-facing staff
- Utilize analytical skill to assist in quantifying risk for middle and large commercial businesses
- Continuously develop and strengthen the skills required for success in the underwriting position
What’s in it for you?
- Assigned to a challenging work experience to develop analytical, technical and leadership skills and build industry knowledge
- Attend weekly business meetings and personal development workshops as well as meet regularly meet with your manager and peer mentor
- Successful interns are offered full-time employment into the Middle Large Commercial Underwriting trainee program
- Students expecting to graduate in December 2023 / May 2024 with a Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management and Insurance, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Marketing, or Liberal Arts with minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Must have a record of high achievement, analytical thinking, self-motivation, relationship building and a solid work ethic
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and reason through complex problems and make sound recommendations in a fast-paced environment
- High energy self-starter, good decision maker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid time management skills
- Computer savvy- experience with MS office suite
- Competitive nature and strong desire to win