SupplyHouse.com, an e-commerce heating, plumbing, and HVAC supply company, is searching for a Vendor Management Associate to join our Vendor Management Team. The Vendor Management Associate is responsible for managing the overall relationships with our suppliers and developing partnerships with new suppliers.
Due to the circumstances regarding COVID-19, we are searching for someone who can currently perform this job remotely UNTIL they can transition into our Melville office when it reopens in August.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Location: Melville, NY
- Maintaining relationships and reviewing the quality of service we receive from our suppliers to ensure our standards and expectations are met.
- Negotiating with suppliers to maximize profitability, liquidity, and support overall financial health.
- Developing partnerships with new suppliers to increase product offering and add revenue streams.
- Organizing, communicating, and updating supplier information, promotions, price increases, and changes that will affect purchasing decision
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or other related field preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant internship or work experience (preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Pleasant, personable, and professional demeanor
- Excellent negotiation and relationship development skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
What’s Important to Us:
- Positive Attitude – We work in close quarters where attitudes are contagious
- GRIT – Our 5 new core values! (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Grit)
- Benefits – 401K with company match, great medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, vacation and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap and meditation room.
- Food … and lots of it – We have a fully stocked kitchen and catered breakfast and lunch 3 days a week: quinoa bowls, pizza, and salad – oh my!
- Opportunities to give back – We provide many opportunities throughout the year to give back to our local communities.
- Pet friendly office – Some of our employees are 4-legged and furry!
- Casual dress code – Think jeans and a t-shirt.
- Fun – We have a pool table, air hockey table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We also have monthly team building events… look out for our movie nights and bowling leagues.
Interested? Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company