Camp Counselor Job Description:
● Be like Jesus in tennis shoes!
● Whatever It Takes attitude!
● Bring energy and excitement to camp! If you are pumped up your campers will feed off that and be pumped up as well! We rely on you to COWI!!! (Come On With It!)
● Adequately and efficiently convey the Still Water Statement of Faith through an honest and clear explanation of the Gospel. You are the front lines of the ministry with the campers!
● Develop relationships with campers in order to earn a voice in their life and to build trust.
● Be present for staff training (Dates on Application)
● Begin building relationships with other counselors
● Arrive at camp no later than 5pm the day before camp starts
● Prepare yourself spiritually, mentally, and physically prior to coming out to camp
● Go over scriptures, Roman Road, Word of the Day, and Speaker devotional questions
● Talk through job description with Staffing Director
Pre-Game Responsibilities (Day before camp Training)
● Meet with Tribal Leader Coordinator (TLC) and become familiar with camp rules, layout, schedule, policies and procedure
● Assist TLC with cabin hospitality items
● Always be on time and follow the schedule (keep schedule confidential regarding campers in order to keep element of surprise and excitement for what is next)
● Serve your campers non-stop including staying with them at all times, including sports training sessions
● Lead cabin devotionals
● Bring ALL concerns to TLC