Hampton Inn by Hilton (a franchise of Braveworks) seeks an experienced General Manager to lead their hotel team in Houghton, Michigan.
The General Manager will be directly involved in the process of re-opening this property during a complex conversion. The property is currently closed for renovations and will be opening as a Hampton Inn Hilton in late summer of 2021. It will be a market leader, 100+ room downtown hotel in a vibrant college community. You will be working with Hilton requirements to assure opening meets all standards for a conversion property and be the first person hired on this team. You will be hiring the entire operations team alongside working to get the property open. You are the key player in the creation of a great new environment!
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
Before opening – you will work alongside the owners, Hilton, and the construction team on the conversion process as well as gearing up for hiring a team for operations. Upon opening, you will manage daily hotel operations and provide leadership in delivering outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, direct, and manage all hotel operations including hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, service initiatives, performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the operations team, responding to guest inquiries and resolving concerns, and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation of staff
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling/evaluations, and delivering recognition and rewards
- Recruit, interview, and train team members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction and standards compliance
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps; correct deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
- Work with sales and group bookings including local universities and corporations
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $55,000 – $65,000 annually based on your knowledge and hotel experience. In addition, the position offers health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation, provided phone or cell phone reimbursement, and relocation assistance, if needed. Final candidates may be required to undergo a background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
- 5 years’ experience in hotel management or a directly related position required; 2 years’ experience as General Manager or Hotel Manager preferred
- Experience managing a team required
- 3 years’ experience with budgeting and forecasting required
- Experience with reporting to ownership
- Experience managing high occupancy hotels
- Preference given to those with Hilton brand experience
- Experience in opening a new hotel and working through a hotel remodel or conversion a bonus
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at braveworks.hirescore.com
The Braveworks family of companies has been in business for more than 10 years, employing 100+ team members. We are committed to our community. Learn more about the company at thebraveworks.com.