The mission of Space Center Houston is to inspire all generations through the wonders of space exploration. Our vision is to be the world’s leading science and space exploration learning center. Owned and operated by the nonprofit Manned Space Flight Education Foundation, we are the Official Visitor Center of NASA Johnson Space Center. The center features more than 400 space artifacts, hands-on interactive educational exhibits, and robust youth programs interpreting the exciting future and remarkable past of America’s human spaceflight program.
We are currently seeking summer temporary Guest Services Crew Members. Positions may include guest services representatives and cashiers in various positions. All Guest Operations Crew Members are responsible for providing inspiring educational experiences and exceptional guest service to guests visiting Space Center Houston. Responsibilities and qualifications are shown below:
- Proactively communicate and engage with Space Center Houston guests to enhance the guest experience. Communications may include welcoming greetings; directions and assisting with day planning; and information about exhibits and artifacts. Communications may also include information about Space Center Houston operations including tour and show times, hours of operation, programs and special events.
- Manage the information desk, answer phone calls and assist guests’ inquires.
- Responsible for the turnstile as guests enter Space Center Houston, ensuring that they have proper tickets or passes for entry.
- Accurately process cash and/or credit transactions at various locations. Adhere to Space Center Houston admissions policies and procedures.
- Address guest concerns and transfer unresolved concerns to the appropriate supervisor or department.
- Secure guests at various simulators, monitor and operate the equipment in a safe manner.
- Constantly interact with the guests in the area, greet them with a pleasant attitude and smiling face.
- Cooperate with his/her fellow Crew Members, assisting them with the common duties and responsibilities of the position to ensure the efficient operation of the area.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work location.
- Know and execute all emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- An enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous cashier experience preferred.
- The ability to enunciate clearly and to communicate well.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and sound reasoning in all interactions and decisions.
- Must have the maturity to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- The ability to stand at assigned locations for up to 8 hours, except for breaks and a 30 minute lunch.
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible work schedule which may include various day and evening schedules and weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Position may require successfully passing a criminal background investigation and/or drug screen as per Space Center Houston guidelines.
- Must be able to work in a small area with another crew member.
- Minimum age for employment is 17.
Space Center Houston is an equal opportunity employer. It has a diverse and inclusive work culture with a creative, fun and collaborative environment.