We are currently seeking part-time Education Instructors to provide inspiring educational experiences and exceptional guest service to students visiting Space Center Houston. Responsibilities and qualifications are shown below:
· Professionally represent Space Center Houston by supervising, teaching and guiding student groups during educational activities.
· Set up, conduct, and facilitate education activities for students to fulfill program requirements.
· Lead programs and interact with students to promote teamwork and problem-solving skills.
· Set a positive example for students by demonstrating cleanliness, punctuality and respect for others.
· Understand and follow safety guidelines of Space Center Houston with respect to student safety and supervision.
· Participate as an active member of the Education team assuming other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary to assure the efficient operation of the Education Department.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 30 college credit hours required. Degree and/or coursework in Education, Science, or Child Development preferred.
· Previous teaching experience and/or related work experience strongly preferred.
· Ability to adhere to all company safety standards, service values, and operating procedures.
· An enthusiastic and outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and communication skills. A genuine desire and willingness to provide an excellent guest experience and proactively engage guests.
· The ability to work well as part of a team environment.
· Ability to problem solve and adapt to unusual situations.
· Must be independent, reliable, and able to work with little supervision.
· A creative team player with a willingness to work hard, a commitment to quality.
· Ability to move quickly through crowded spaces to reach guests who need assistance and assist guests in emergency situations as needed.
· Must be available to work a varied schedule of weekdays, weekends and evenings as needed. Hours of work will vary based on program schedules.