S&P Global Ratings – Operations Specialist
The Role: Operations Specialist
The Location: Virtual – CO
The Team: Ratings Operations is a global team of 100+ colleagues across 12 countries who are responsible for the release of ratings. ROS colleagues strive to be the best operators in Ratings and end-to-end owners of the ratings release process. ROS colleagues use lean and agile tools, build bots, support risk and controls and connect across Ratings to drive timely, quality ratings. ROS works closely with analysts, technology, risk and control functions.
The Impact: The role is one with global impact and coverage across the practice supported and across the broader data, technology and operations community. This role works closely with Commercial, Technology and Data teams to connect transformation initiatives with analytical and other end users. The role also works with AMs and their teams to ensure a high level of operational efficiency, problem solving, and innovation.
What’s in it for you: The Operations Specialist, Ratings Operations is a critical role in enabling the effective and efficient operations of global Ratings processes and playing a key part in driving end to end process simplification that meets customer needs. As a strategic partner to multiple roles across the organization (Commercial, Data, Analytical, Compliance, Technology, etc.), the Operations Specialist uses their business knowledge and operational acumen to continuously improve operational processes and align to business value.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $38,400 to $106,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
• Complete key steps of the end-to-end ratings process for low and medium complexity jobs for one practice independently with pace and quality to meet customer needs
• Complete key steps of the end-to-end ratings process for high complexity jobs for one practice with limited supervision with pace and quality to meet customer needs
• Support completing team priorities (job processing, continuous improvement, change management) with pace and quality to meet customer needs
• Show proficient understanding of the end-to-end ratings process, knowledge of SOPs, operating manuals, standard work
• Guide analysts and other business partners through the ratings process and support change management of improvement efforts
• Voice continuous improvement needs, participate in problem solving and process improvement efforts to live the ROS mission and achieve the ROS vision
• Understand key metrics to support the management and improvement efforts of ROS
• Understand the role of Ratings Operations and its alignment with other functions within S&P. Connect key partners to solve business problems, participate in improvement efforts to meet customer needs
• Complete onboarding within 6 months
• Live the ROS operating principles
• Have a learning mindset and actively advance skills leveraging a development plan and the ROS skills matrix
• Support team members and work as a team to live the ROS mission and achieve the ROS vision
What We’re Looking For:
- 0-2 years of experience within a financial services environment
- BA/BS Required – preferably in Operations, Computer / Data Science, or Business
- Experience with RPA tools, Python, or other programming languages a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, fluid environment
- Experience leading projects highly valued
- Some knowledge of process mapping, Agile and LEAN principles
- Strong technical skills with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.