Social Solutions is the leading cloud software provider for public sector and nonprofit social service organizations. We develop technology to support the entire social good community — including nonprofits, public sector agencies, philanthropists and ultimately, the people they serve. We help organizations collect, organize and interpret their data to better understand and communicate their impact.
We are looking for a payroll expert to join our team temporarily as soon as possible (estimated timeframe: May 1st – August 31st) The core responsibility of this role includes processing US and Canada payroll, benefits reconciliation, analytics/reporting, and HR generalist duties.
Who you are:
You excel in the details and enjoy the operational aspects of HR with experience accurately running payroll and ensuring compliance where necessary and overseeing benefits billing/reconciliation. You can run detailed reports behind the scenes while maintaining a customer service focus and an approachable demeanor.
- Maintain ADP HRIS; serve as expert and ensure data integrity, including personnel changes, manager access and providing training and support to end users
- Own all HR reporting metrics and assist leaders with ad hoc reporting needs
- Collaborate and provide necessary HR support for other departments
- Process semi-monthly payroll accurately and timely (US and Canada)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Oversee compliance-based projects and work cross functionally to complete
- Keep up to date on changing federal, state, and local HR and payroll laws
- Processes employee transactions, including new hires, merit and salary increases, promotions, transfers and separations.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years broad HR experience, preferably in the tech industry or fast paced environment
- 2+ years payroll processing experience
- 1+ years ADP experience required; HRIS or payroll system conversion experience a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, scaling organization with the ability to share how you scaled your function to support this growth
- Self-starter and team player, willing to jump in on all projects as needed
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in payroll legal compliance
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and prioritization skills
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area
Why We’re Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we’re mission focused and results oriented! We’re a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That’s why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions’ mission to “help people transform lives,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.