Scion Nonprofit Staffing has been retained to conduct the search for the Manager of People and Culture on behalf of Orange County Community Foundation, an incredible organization with the mission to inspire a passion for lifelong philanthropy, faithfully steward the intentions of their donors, and catalyze sustainable community impact! This amazing opportunity is for immediate hire and the position will operate full-time from the Foundation’s office (non-remote) in beautiful Newport Beach, California.
The Orange County Community Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, hands-on human resources professional to join their team as the Manager of People & Culture to oversee the day-to-day operations of a nimble HR Department team of one.
The Manager of People & Culture is a role which is trusted by OCCF’s staff and respected by leadership; essential components to this role’s overall focus on stimulating a strong innovative organizational culture while ensuring OCCF’s efforts remain aligned with established business and strategic plans. The incoming Manager of People & Culture acts both as an employee champion and a leader of change!
Reporting to the Executive Vice President & COO, this high-level generalist position is responsible for managing employee relations, recruitment, workforce planning, compensation, safety, culture, and benefits administration for a team of 30. Additionally, this position requires a specific focus on further developing a sustainable high-performing culture amongst OCCF’s leadership team and staff; therefore, a high EQ, a strong desire to foster a culture of collaboration, an unwavering commitment to hard work, and deep passion for excellence is a must!
ABOUT ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
The Orange County Community Foundation partners with generous individuals, families, nonprofits, and businesses to fulfill their philanthropic and financial objectives while supporting the causes they care about most. The Foundation has awarded nearly $690 million in grants and scholarships in Orange County, across the country and around the world.
OCCF’s internal team is an innovative, highly mission-driven group focused on driving impact and facilitating the connection of Orange County citizens to philanthropy. OCCF’s work ranges from helping veterans return to civilian life to providing at-risk teens with opportunities to overcome the challenges of poverty. The organization is working on problems of homelessness, health and wellness, and education, as well as safety-net concerns – the critical issues that arise when deep poverty and a high cost of living coexist.
OCCF at a Glance:
- Founded in 1989 and celebrated 30 years of impact in 2019.
- Ranks in the top 2 percent in grantmaking among 780 U.S. community foundations.
- Home to more than more than 600 charitable funds benefiting a wide range of causes.
- Total assets of $477 million and nearly $780 million in grants since inception.
- Donor contributions for past fiscal year of $118 million.
- 2020 grantmaking of over $102 million.
- Recipient of a 4-star Charity Navigator rating for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
- Manages the entire life cycle of the employment experience, recruitment/hiring, onboarding, orientation, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, wage & salary structure, pay increases, and exit interviews.
- Identifies and diagnoses talent and organizational issues, partnering with OCCF’s leadership team to implement necessary business and talent solutions.
- Advises and coaches managers regarding people management, performance, and development.
- Conducts investigations, provides guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitates the resolution of disputes, interprets company policy, etc.
- Develops People & Culture strategies and administers HR policies and procedures.
- Leads all confidential contact tracing activities related to pandemic incidents such as COVID-19.
- Develops, implements, and maintains employee recognition programs.
- Leads Business Continuity Planning efforts to ensure safety of employees during an emergency.
- Provides employee orientation, development, and training (including harassment prevention), as well as new hire orientation for employees. zoom
- Develops, implements, and provides training to managers on performance management, new hire process and onboarding, HR overview (policies, processes, and procedures), performance management, and best practices (how to write and give) for conducting performance reviews.
- Assures and proactively maintains compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws.
- Partners with employees (all levels) to drive adoption of overall People & Culture programs through education, support, and employee influence.
- Consults with managers regarding retention, development, and engagement strategies utilizing the established Employee Performance Plan.
- Strategically develops relationships with employees to ensure your expertise is sought for advice and counsel on HR as well as cultural and organizational issues.
- Facilitates integration of diverse workgroups and cultures as needed.
- Creates and manages cultural initiatives which align with OCCF’s established values.
- Encourages teamwork as well as positive culture within the organization.
- Actively contributes to an organizational culture of accountability, openness, collaboration, and growth.
- Partners with CFO and benefits vendor to oversee annual benefit open enrollment and processing.
- Oversees benefit administration, under the direction of the CFO, including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, COBRA, leaves of absence (FMLA, CFRA, Pregnancy Disability, etc.), and Workers Comp; ensure prompt and accurate information is communicated to employees.
- Supports 403b administration.
- Partners with CFO and COO to plan bi-annual CEO Compensation Study. Champions the Compensation Study and Staff Compensation Study (completed every three years).
- Assists with completing requests from EDD, workers comp audits, etc.
HRIS & Technical HR Management (Automation):
- Partners with the Finance Director and Director of Information & Technology to develop, implement and maintain a Human Resources Information System; ensuring all workflows, expense/payroll records and personnel information are managed electronically and within compliance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of proven HR experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current federal and state employment laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Wage and Hour laws, ADA, FMLA, CFRA, OSHA, workers’ compensation, I-9 requirements, COBRA, etc.
- Strong understanding of the recruiting process, benefits administration, employee relations and other HR functions.
- Proven ability to work independently and provide broad based service contributing at all levels from conceptual and systemic through completion of basic administrative tasks.
- Well-developed investigative, problem solving, and analytic abilities are essential as well as demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- PHR or SPHR certification desired.
For immediate consideration please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word, via: https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/7341
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
Orange County Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment, a competitive base salary (DOE) as well as incredible benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision, 403(b) retirement plan with automatic contribution by the organization, 3 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of PSL, and 10 annual paid holidays!
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Scion Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.