SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides clerical assistance for the Human Resources Office.
· Duties include: greeting and assisting visitors, word processing, creating or maintaining spreadsheets, filing, assembling materials, and other general office procedures.
· Confidentiality- Maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Human Resources Office. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work in the office in any manner.
· Communications-Facilitates good communication between employees, customers and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
· Visitors-Assists in greeting visitors upon arrival in the HRS office in a professional, friendly manner and always provides all who enter the office the best possible customer service.
· Assists Payroll Coordinator with data entry, orientations and W-2 distribution.
· Assists in distribution of internal and external mail in a timely and efficient manner.
· Correspondence and Records-Types correspondence and records accurately and in a timely manner using a personal computer and word processing program – Microsoft Word.
· Reports- Provides accurate and timely reports using a personal computer and spreadsheet processing program – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word.
· Assists in record keeping/filing – compiles, maintains and updates files/notebooks and related data daily for the assurance of proper archival history of the departmental functions.
· Shreds documents.
· Assists with equipment – refills copy machine with paper & toner.
· Responsible for organizing office supplies.
· Maintains University Office Safety –ensures that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under the tables, and that chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Ensure that any liquids or food that are kept in the office are not placed near any office equipment area, to prevent damage to equipment.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· High School diploma.
· Interest in Business, Human Resources and/or Law profession preferred.
· High confidentiality level required.
· Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Computer knowledge and use of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to create and type documents with minimal errors.
· Prior experience with computers.