For a rewarding and exciting career in law enforcement, choose Savannah Police Department:
- Looking for an amazing place to live, work and play whether you are single, just starting out, or raising a family.
- With temperatures averaging in the 70s, Savannah is rich in history, natural beauty and offers a diverse playground of indoor and outdoor activities to explore like Tybee Island on the Atlantic Ocean, historic River Street, and more.
- Savannah is very affordable, with a cost of living that is below the national average and that of nearby cities including Charleston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Jacksonville, and New Orleans.
- NEW HIGHER SALARIES– Once training is completed, start at $44,110!!
- Comprised of more than 500 sworn officers and civilian employees, we are always actively recruiting qualified men and women who have a passion to serve.
- Savannah is a historic community that’s just a few miles from the beach.
- We are a diversified police department that fully embraces the philosophy of community-oriented policing.
- Many specialized units including; Mounted Patrol, Traffic, K-9, SWAT, Aviation, Dive Team, Bomb Squad, Forensics, Behavioral Health, Special Victims Unit, and more.
- The Savannah Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.