The Pharmaceutical Sciences Drug Product Supply organization here at Pfizer is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team. We are looking for a candidate to fill this position within our Global Materials Management Department.
As a Drug Product Supply Operations Coordinator, the successful candidate will play an essential role in supporting the organization on many critical fronts, will lead and support all technical operations, GMP facilities, and projects within the materials management operational areas. This position will offer the opportunity to collaborate with outside partner lines while satisfying the operational, technical, and developmental aspects of the role.
The successful candidate will be required to follow GMP standards, while assuring compliance with Pfizer Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and all applicable worldwide regulations and guidelines (e.g. FDA, TSA, MHRA, DEA).
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating and overseeing the daily work of operational team members while at the same time assuring the supply chain continuity.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, driven individual seeking to advance their knowledge and experience while working within a complex cross functional role within a multi facet department.
- Support operational areas within materials management
- Provide leadership and guidance to materials management operations colleagues
- Participate and lead projects and initiatives
- Drive efficiency into processes
- Advance forward-thinking initiatives
- Support audits and inspections
- Work outside of normal business schedule when necessary
- Champion process improvement, data analytics, modernization, and digitization projects
- Author and review SOPs, training material and supporting documents
- Demand planning and scheduling
- Ability to delegate task across team
- Perform any other relevant related duties when assigned
Operations – In partnership with operational managers and team members, lead and support daily GMP production activities
- Material Handling, shipping, and receiving activities
- Shipping knowledge to include IATA/DOT, logistics and shipping procedures
- Support on the floor activities as needed
- Electronic systems (i.e. inventory, document management, planning, scheduling)
- Support Controlled Substances operational activities
- Support and lead operational investigations
- Capture and provide departmental/operational metrics
- Adhere to company safety procedures and guidelines by practicing and promoting safe work behaviours
GMP Facilities – Oversite of GMP facilities/equipment needs and ability to react to alarms during off hours.
Compliance -Participate as a subject matter expert in internal and external audits (to include pre and post activities). Support and drive the timely resolution of technical and quality/compliance issues.
Communications/Partnerships – Works in close partnership within PSSM and BTx business units, act as point of contact for materials management operations department.
Continuous Improvements/Metrics – Lead continuous improvement efforts utilizing appropriate performance metrics to optimize performance. Lead and participate in limited duration teams aimed at improving operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years equivalent experience or HS Diploma with 5+ years of experience required.
- Ability to present within department/cross functional meetings
- Experience and or knowledge of a cGMP/regulated work environment
- Project and process management skillset
- Ability to build, understand and improve complex processes
- Possesses strong workload planning skills and organization
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Transferrable skillsets
- Advanced data analytics
- Digital excellence
- Deviation reporting, preventive and corrective actions
- Knowledge of planning, inventory management, reporting and other supply chain/logistics preferred
- Proficient with computer systems to include:
- ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Document Management System
- Databases, word processing, spreadsheets
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work with and around power industrial vehicles
- Ability to drive multiple vehicles, including Pfizer trucks
- Must be able to gown up as required, to include specific PPE (i.e. respirators, full gear, safety glasses, daily uniform, etc.)
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Capable of managing own time and workload
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The position is an on-site role, successful candidate will be expected to work out of the Groton, CT site.
- The position does not offer a work from home option
- Must be willing and able to respond to facility and equipment alarms, to include during off hours
- Operational chemical warehouse environment requiring PPE
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally in support of key business needs and partner/stakeholders.