Are you someone who possesses excellent time management skills and knows how to prioritize different projects in a fast-paced work environment? Do you have a strong attention to detail and want to work with a dynamic group of publicity professionals? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Publicity Assistant to support and assist an Associate Director of Publicity in the Viking, Penguin Books, Penguin Classics and Penguin Life Publicity imprint of Penguin Random House. In this role, you will perform general tasks, maintain publicity clips, complete book mailings, coordinate logistics of author events and tours, write and distribute press materials, and provide publicity support for all assigned titles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with distinguished authors on a wide variety of books!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing general administrative support, including mailings, photocopying, processing invoices, filing, billings, expense reports, etc.
- Coordinating travel and other arrangements for major author tours and creating detailed tour schedules for campaigns.
- Drafting press materials, including press releases, pitch and galley letters, interview alerts, quote sheets, etc.
- Liaising with organizations to organize author events.
- Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers.
- Communicating between the Marketing, Editorial, and Production departments.
- Maintaining media clips, press contacts, and detailed logs of publicity projects in an internal database system.
- Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and assisting with social media platforms.
- Attending book events both virtual and in person (once determined safe to do so).
- Pitching press interviews and reviews for authors and their books.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Strong interest in publicity and publishing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
- Strong follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of social media
- Quick at picking up different computer systems and databases
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.