Operations & Policy Analyst 3 – Toll System Technology Contract Manager
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
Our Urban Mobility Office is recruiting for a toll system technology contract manager! In this role, you will lead the toll system effort, including gathering and refining toll system requirements under the direction and guidance of our Toll Program director. You will provide business-related knowledge that guides the architecture of the tolling system and ensures that national standards and Oregon requirements are reflected in the system design.
Our Urban Mobility Office is developing toll options that work for the region in collaboration with our local and regional partners, stakeholders and communities. Click here to learn more about our Toll Program.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
Our next application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Monday, April 12, 2021. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
A day in the life:
- Work with the toll policy manager to identify, prioritize and review key policy issues.
- Analyze data to prepare management reports defining and evaluating root causes of problems within business processes.
- Assess the business impact of proposed change scenarios and create strategies and plans for the timely and successful implementation of the solution.
- Work with subject matter experts to obtain data and use the data to inform decisions on process improvement areas of focus.
- Under the guidance of the Toll Program director, gather, organize and analyze comprehensive organizational and operational information of procedures or problem areas within the program to develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding with implementing operational and software systems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Engineer key business processes to create efficiencies and establish overall business processes and processes improvement opportunities.
- Lead business requirements analysis and verification for highly visible, mission-critical projects.
- Perform project management role for toll system projects, from initiation through implementation.
- Click here to view the position description, including the full list of duties and working conditions.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills and four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to process business operations or process improvement.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of progressively-responsible experience related to business operations or process improvement.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Proven experience in installing, operating and maintaining active toll systems.
- Understanding of tolls and congestion pricing principles, policies and best practices.
- Experience in applying facilitation skills to strategically facilitate teams of technical staff, develop business plans and strategies to meet goals and objectives.
- Experience reviewing and managing consultants work products to ensure compliance with ODOT or state and federal design standards.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our next application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Monday, 04/12/2021, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer