Online Optimism is seeking an Atlanta-based digital marketing strategist to join our growing team. We are a creative, digital marketing agency, with offices in New Orleans, and Atlanta, dedicated to our vision: to be the agency that companies want to work with, and people aspire to work for.
This position will work on our Growth team, working to build up our inbound marketing strategies, and assisting their conversion from lead to client. While you will start remotely due to COVID-19, you will be expected to meet with businesses in the Atlanta area, so you must be based there.
To be considered, you must apply via the external application link through Handshake.
Wondering about COVID-19? Us too – but our agency is growing, and this position will be filled. Here’s answers to FAQs:
- At the moment, our staff has the option to either work remotely, or in-office. You will have those same options from day 1.
- We have a plethora of policies to ensure the safety of staff coming into our office, including nightly cleanings, masks in common areas, and hand-sanitizer aplenty.
- We do not know when COVID-19 will be over. However, once it is done, you’ll be expected to work from our Atlanta offices.
Your position will revolve around the following tasks:
- 30% working on our business development proposals. This will include assessing an organization’s digital marketing strategies, auditing analytics, creating mock-ups, and crafting campaign strategies.
- 30% working on business development strategies, utilizing inbound methods to generate brand awareness within Atlanta. This includes creating valuable resources such as whitepapers, guides, how-tos, webinars, and more.
- 25% Pitching proposals face-to-face with potential leads in Atlanta. This does not mean cold calls, and you will never do cold calls. You will only be speaking to potential clients that are interested and qualified. We are, after all, pretty good at this whole digital marketing thing, and you’ll arrive with leads interested in speaking with you.
- 15% digital marketing client work. You may step in at times to complement our other marketing strategists, in various departments (SEO, content, social media, Google Ads).
In order to be considered, you are required to have:
- 1 – 3 years of digital marketing experience, preferably at an agency in the Atlanta area, but open to in-house positions or other geographic markets.
- At least some tactile experience with social media, paid search, SEO, and email marketing for businesses. We understand you won’t be an expert in all of these areas, but you should have at least created assets for each of these at some point in your career.
- Passion for digital marketing, and helping businesses grow.
- Strong knowledge of Atlanta, and a love for helping businesses grow there.
While not 100% required, we would love to see these elements in your background:
- Work creating pitch proposals for marketing agencies.
- Proven case studies showing results with ROI numbers.
- Paid social media experience.
- Google Analytics Individual Qualifications
- Google Ads Certifications
- Facebook Blueprint Certifications
In addition, we don’t expect applicants to have this on their resume, but they would be bonuses if you do:
- Graphic Design experience
- Creative background (particularly any photography work previously done)
- Previous strategy/insights work
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge, or previous work on WordPress websites.
- Experience with Moz, Sprout Social, SEMrush, Acquisio, or Optymzr
What’s It Like to Be an Optimist?
As a full-time employee, you’ll receive all the benefits that a career at Online Optimism gets you. They’re fully detailed on our Careers page, but an overview is below:
- Annual salary paid weekly.
- 28 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 13 holidays. For 2021, you would receive 10 days paid vacation due to your late start to the year.
- Summer Fridays (which, at our agency, are 4 extra half-days you get over the summer – not included in the above numbers.)
- Unlimited sick time.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance for employees and dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental Insurance for you and dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism.
- Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
- Simple IRA retirement plan, with 3% matching from Online Optimism.
- Casual dress code.
- Eligibility for commissions on referrals.
- Top-of-the-line computers to work on (in addition to our $50K annual software spend). We’ll get you the tech you need to do your job well.
- Flexible work hours: 8–4, 8:30–4:30, 9–5, or 10–6.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- A half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
- Lack of non-compete.
Again, to be considered, you must apply through the external application link through Handshake.