Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester’s principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges. Winchester has a Marketing Services Associate opportunity in East Alton, IL.
This role will process Winchester product service inquiries with customers and trade partners for ammunition non-conformances. This position will be responsible for monitoring and processing of online product support inquiries and will have extensive communication with customers in all trade channels. This position will report to the Product Manager. The ideal candidate will have a degree in business or communications and experience with product/customer service with a consumer package goods company. An individual that has general knowledge of hunting and/or shooting sports as well as ammunition product knowledge would be a plus.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: not to be construed as all inclusive)
- Process Winchester product service inquiries with consumers and trade partners for ammunition non-conformances.
- Daily monitoring & processing of online product support inquiries.
- Issue standard or customized letters to customer complaints or inquires.
- Determine appropriate actions for customer relations credit when nonconforming products are returned.
- Coordinate implementation of product returns as required, both domestic and international.
- Coordinate implementation of product recalls as required.
- Extensive communication with customers in all trade channels.
- Represent company at various industry events as required.
- Provides weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Assist/Cross-train as required to support Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Retail Marketing and Marketing Research departments.
- Bachelor degree required; Business or communications preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with product/customer service experience with a consumer package goods company.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Access; SAP skills preferred.
- Individual must be a highly motivated self-starter who can thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal/external customers exercising extreme diplomacy.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, written and oral communication skills required.
- Detailed individual with high degree of accuracy and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage critical records and identify ways to streamline processes.
- Willingness to accept new challenges and tasks as requested.
- Product knowledge preferred.
- Some travel required.
Action Oriented; Business Acumen; Composure; Conflict Management; Customer Focus; Timely Decision Making; Informing; Interpersonal Savvy; Listening; Priority Setting; Drive for Results; Written Communications.
Olin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.