The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Science R&D Outreach Coordinator with the Office of Research and Development (ORD) at the EPA facility in Washington, DC.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Compiling and summarizing information;
· Preparing talking points and background materials;
· Assist in promoting and coordinating the use of web-based opportunities; and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Washington, DC
Salary: $23.26 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in both environmental science and policy;
· Demonstrated leadership skills and have experience working in teams;
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills. A writing sample will be required that shows and understanding of science policy and the ability to communicate concisely to a non-technical audience;
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and the Internet;
· Experience in managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases and administration support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing); and
· Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media communications (i.e., webinars).
What the EPA project is about
The Senior Advisor and State Liaison provides leadership and coordination across ORD in support of the EPA Administrator’s new era of state, tribal and local partnerships. The State Liaison plays a critical role in facilitating the partnership between ORD and state environment and public health agencies in fulfillment of our mission to protect human health and the environment. This includes sharing information on ORD’s scientific and technical capabilities with regions, states and others and soliciting input on how ORD tools, methods, models and research can be more useful, relevant and practical for decision makers. The Senior Advisor also serves as the Executive Secretary for the Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Sustainability (CENRS) of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) and supports the EPA CENRS Co-Chair. CENRS provides a formal mechanism for coordination on ongoing research and development on environmental and natural resources across the federal government.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org