As a Front End Software Engineer at Leverege, you’ll be at the forefront of the tech industry, building first-of-their-kind, user-centered Internet of Things (IoT) interfaces for diverse use cases across industries. You’ll have the opportunity to use your skills and experience right away, working with a high-performing, cross-functional team of system architects, product engineers, and UI/UX designers.
In this technical role, you’ll be responsible for architecting and building polished, human-centered user interfaces and connecting them via internal APIs and SDKs to the Leverege IoT Platform back-end; leading quick turn-around client-facing projects; mentoring junior product engineers, and becoming a key member of the Leverege technical staff.
- Design and implementation of user-centric, web-based user interfaces using the React and React Native
- Build and integrate flexible and reusable UI component libraries
- Lead usability testing and interact with clients as necessary to refine application requirements
- Research and recommend new UI technologies/frameworks and institute best practices across projects
- Assist in analysis and implementation of cloud development and deployment tools ranging from infrastructure, logging, CI/CD, monitoring, and container solutions
- Lead quick turn-around projects
- Support architectural trade-offs and troubleshooting efforts internally
- Document product requirements, implementation steps, and verification checks
- Promote technical growth within Leverege, making recommendations on software and training
- 2+ years experience in a fast-paced professional setting (startup experience is a definite plus)
- Ability to work in a high-interactive, agile development environment with other engineers and graphics designers
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good organizational skills with working knowledge of software best practices
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices and organizational principles
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Versioning and configuration management experience, e.g., git, npm, Bitbucket, etc.