- Bachelor degree from an accredited university and Deaf Education Certiﬁcation and Special education EC- 12
- Demonstrated appropriate sign language skills for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with students with auditory impairments.
Special education teacher to serve students with auditory impairments as indicated in their individualized education plans.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulﬁll requirements of the district’s curriculum program and reﬂect accommodations for diﬀerences in student learning styles, and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Collaborate with parents and district staﬀ to develop an Individual Education Plan (IEP) that supports the student’s educational needs.
- Documentation of students IEP goals through progress monitoring using district protocols.
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district regulations and policies for special education and Deaf and hard of hearing population.
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and eﬀort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certiﬁcation, as appropriate.