Camp Echo Lake is a full-season resident summer camp with a passionate dedication to human development. Located in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, Echo Lake is an idyllic place to spend the summer if you are someone who loves the outdoors, working with children, and being a part of a thriving, diverse community.
Camp Echo Lake is currently looking for Outdoor Education Instructors to join their 2021 summer team. If you are looking for an opportunity to build experience in teaching, adventure trip leading, programming, lesson planning, and, of course, child development, then do not hesitate to reach out about this opportunity. The position starts either June 1st and ends on August 12th, travel will be partially covered as part of compensation, and room, board and recreational activities will be provided for the summer. If you have experience working with children, love the outdoors, and are looking for a fun, energizing job this summer, then you should consider applying.
As an Ideal Candidate, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Experience working with children between the ages 7-16;
- Experience working and collaborating with your peers;
- Familiarity with hiking, rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, camping, and/or white water rafting;
- A genuine interest in working with children;
- A positive and resilient attitude;
- The ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback; and
- The desire and capacity to have a fun, active summer in the Adirondack region of Upstate New York.