Registered Nurse (Val Verde County IDD Center)
Location: Del Rio, TX
Hill Country Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Centers
Mission: “Promoting Independence, Community Integration, and Recovery.”
Hill Country Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Centers strongly believes that every individual deserves the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential. At the present time, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Registered Nurse (RN) serving in our Comal MH Center.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for ensuring the care; treatment and general welfare of individuals to comply with HCS, TXHMLIVING principles and DADS community standards. The RN maintains and documents medical care in the individual’s records, monitors and evaluates health status of individuals and performs routine medical treatments and assessments. The Registered Nurse will actively participate as a member of the Treatment Team.
Credentialing is required for this position. Attach a copy of transcript and license at time of application.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Nursing degree (Associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree in Nursing)
- License to practice as Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Prior work experience in a mental health/psychiatric treatment setting within the last 5 years (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with individuals and Supervisor
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Current Texas RN License in good standing
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Current Automobile Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off