Position: Registered Nurse Crisis Stabilization Unit
Location: Kerrville, TX 78028
Hill Country Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Centers
Mission: “Promoting Independence, Community Integration, and Recovery.”
The Registered Nurse on the Crisis Stabilization Unit performs professional nursing services for the population served:
- Completes admission and ongoing assessment of individual psychiatric and nursing care needs per facility policy and procedure.
- Participates in treatment team meetings routinely and assists with the development of the multidisciplinary plan of care. Implements and documents the provision of nursing interventions described in the care plan.
- Provides patient and family education to individuals and families on medications; symptom management; health, safety, and infection control; facility rules; recovery principles; and addresses other consumer/family needs for education as identified.
- Administers medications or supervises the administration of medication as ordered by the attending physician and in accordance with nursing care standards and facility policy/procedure.
- Provides clinical supervision and guidance for the LVN and direct care staff in order to ensure a safe and therapeutic treatment milieu. May provide training to the LVN and direct care staff regarding essential nursing care interventions, facility policy and procedure, and milieu management guidelines.
- Observes, oversees, and monitors the use use/implementation of Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PMAB) interventions. Ensures that PMAB methods are implemented appropriately and safely per facility policy and procedure and that all PMAB interventions are documented per policy.
- Participates and supports the facility safety, risk management, and infection control programs and follows facility procedures to maintain a safe treatment environment.
- Uses a computer to communicate information, complete reports, and to record nursing assessment, care, and treatment services as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with consumers and Supervisor
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Computer proficient with Data Entry skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- High School Diploma / GED;
- Nursing degree (Associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree in Nursing) (preferred)
- Prior work experience in a mental health/psychiatric treatment setting within the last 5 years (preferred)
- Current Texas RN Licensure in good standing
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Current Automobile Insurance
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance. Able to push, pull, lift and / or carry over 20 pounds
- Able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Ability to provide CPR after obtaining Certification
- Ability to demonstrate PMAB skills after successful completion of agency training curriculum
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off