Eanes ISD is currently seeking Special Education Teacher Assistants. We offer great pay and benefits!!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be considered for employment*
Please submit your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs
Assist special education teacher in meeting instructional, behavioral, and/or physical needs of students with disabilities in a variety of school and/or settings. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
• High School Diploma or GED
• College degree preferred
• General knowledge of child development
• General knowledge of characteristics of common disabilities
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of general technology
• Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide academic, emotional, social, and/or physical support to students in a variety of settings across the campus.
• Modify/adapt classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing IEP objectives.
• Assist students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments
• Help teacher prepare instructional materials and prepare classroom for instruction.
• Collect data on goals and objectives regularly as indicated by the teacher.
• Accompany students to various locations in the school providing the level of support indicated in their IEP.
• Assist students with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning.
• Assist students with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
• Implement behavior strategies as outlined in the IEP or directed by teacher.
• Maintain current SAMA training for de-escalation of behaviors. In an emergency situation when a student is a threat to self or others, be able to perform a containment.
• Participate in team meetings or staffings to help problem solve needs of students.
• Implement strategies that provide support for student while fostering as much independence as possible
• Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
• Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
• Maintain confidentiality
• Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
• Comply with school, district, state, and federal guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Personal computer, adapted equipment, wheelchair lift, augmentative communication devices, basic medical equipment/supplies
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, push and pull.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Must be physically able to transfer students (after training and with assistance based on need). Possible exposure to bodily fluids. Possible exposure to injurious behavior including but not limited to being hit, kicked, bit, spit upon, or having hair pulled. Must be able to perform a containment (after training) on a student who is in an emergency situation who is a danger to self or others.