Eanes ISD is currently seeking an LSSP/Diagnostician for the 2021-22 school year. We
offer great pay and benefits!!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be considered for employment*
Please submit your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs.
Detailed information and job descriptions are available on the Eanes ISD website.
Assesses the educational, learning styles and program needs of students being referred for general education programming including intervention or §504 services related to dyslexia, dysgraphia, and attentional issues.
• Valid Texas Certification/Licensure as Educational Diagnostician or Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
- Special Knowledge/Skills:*
• Diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development and learning theories
• Oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions.
• Knowledge of child and adolescent development.
• Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents, and students.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Two years experience assessing students in an educational setting
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Receive student referrals and implement the appraisal process
• Select and administer assessments and observations to evaluate to determine student eligibility for general education services/programs
• Collects and organizes relevant assessment data from student’s cumulative folder, classroom teacher(s), principal, support staff, parents and outside resource personnel
• Score and interpret test data.
• Develop evaluation reports
• Conduct or participate in the §504 Committee meetings to assist with appropriate placement and development of Accommodation Plans for students according to district procedures.
• Provides staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel in the identification and understanding of students impairments
• Consults with parents concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
• Consult with teachers and relevant staff concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
• Consult with psychologists, psychiatrists, medical doctors, and community agencies concerning functioning of students as needed.
- Program Management:*
• Develop and maintain effective individual and group relationships with students and parents.
• Coordinate a continuing evaluation of assessment procedures and make changes based on findings.
• Assist in the selection of assessment materials and equipment.
• Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including case records, test results, statistical data, and test inventories.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the areas of, assessment, placement, and planning intervention services.
• Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations.
• Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignment.
• Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors.
• Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Participates in approved professional development opportunities
• Stays current in changes in law, procedures, and operating guidelines
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Regular district wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; moderate lifting and carrying.