Eanes ISD is currently seeking a Music Therapist for the 2021-22 school year. We offer great pay and benefits!!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be considered for employment*
Please submit your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs
Plan and provide music therapy to students with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities. Assess students and provide therapeutic intervention to maximize physical or mental functioning, increase independent functioning, and/or adjust to disabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in music therapy
• Must be certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)
• Knowledge of rehabilitation procedures, activities, and equipment used in music therapy
• Ability to use variety of assessment tools to evaluate need for music therapy
• Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• One year of experience
• Experience in the school setting preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Plan and provide direct and consultative services consistent with music therapy goals contained in students’ Individual Education Plans (IEP).
• Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of music therapy services.
• Design, construct, alter, and provide students with therapy to promote maximum independence.
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect the understanding of the learning style and needs of the students assigned.
• Assess students with disabilities and determine eligibility for services.
• Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with the interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and goal setting for students according to district procedures.
• Consult with educational staff and parents regarding music therapy.
• Provide staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel with selection and use of adaptive equipment and understanding of music therapy program.
• Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant people to enhance their work with students.
• Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the maturity level, interests, and needs of the student.
• Establish control and administer discipline according to the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Program Management:*
• Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the music therapy program and implement changes based on the findings.
• Assist in the selection of equipment and adaptive material.
• Develop and maintain effective individual and group relationships with students and parents.
• Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records and other documents required.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
• Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
• Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
• Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignment.
• Maintain confidentiality
• Other duties as assigned
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Regular districtwide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; moderate lifting. May be required to lift and transfer students to and from wheelchairs or assist with positioning students with physical disabilities.