Eanes ISD is currently seeking a Math Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. We offer great pay and benefits!!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be considered for employment*
Please submit your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
• Knowledge of subjects assigned
• General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
• Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• At least one-year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
• Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
• Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
• Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
• Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
• Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
• Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
• Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
• Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
• Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
• Maintain accurate and correct electronic grade book.
• Establish and maintain open of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
• Participate in professional learning activities to improve job-related skills.
• Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
• Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Maintain emotional control under stress.
• Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
• Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.