This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement
- Serves as a developmental intern in Contract Administration within DCMA.
- Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge of the duties inherent in the administration or price/cost analyst of firm-fixed-price contracts.
- Also including other contracts of similar complexity or of specific phases of more complex contracts such as overhaul and repair, facilities, cost-plus-fixed-fee, etc.
- Assists with monitoring contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, contract and data reporting requirements.
- Assist with contacting contractors to clarify issues on contractual requirements (as necessary).
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Security Requirements: Noncritical-Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
To qualify for a Contract Administrator your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Basic Contracting Requirement:
A.) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees
B. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-07 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Experience drafting contract provisions and supporting documentation.
- Experience presenting information orally.
C. Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess: 1 full academic year of graduate education, law school, or superior academic achievement.
If the position has a minimum education requirement and/or you are using education to qualify in lieu of specialized experience, you MUST provide transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at the time of application) to support your educational claims.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school’s definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
NOTE: During the Keystone Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training development program will consist of the following:
Report initially to the Contract Management Office (CMO)/Center in the duty location for which you were selected.
Travel TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) for one week to attend training at the DCMA Learning Campus (DLC) in Fort Lee, VA. Dates to be determined due to COVID restrictions.
Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for on-the-job (OJT) and developmental training.
Return within the three year developmental training to the DLC, HQ or other CMO locations for assessment/various functional specific training.