The Loan Agency Team Coordinator is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- This role is involved with preparing and reviewing loan documentation
- Provides support for a variety of tasks related to the loan process
- This includes independently processing, closing and funding loans (including signing off on conditions)
- Staff employs an advanced knowledge of lending documentation, operations and legal terminology to perform a variety of complex loan processing, closing and funding functions
- Seasoned professional role that integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Directly impacts the area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and formulation of procedures/process improvement.
- Provides value-added perspective or advice that contributes to the development of new techniques and the improvement of the loan documentation processes for the area.
- Responsible for own work to support business teams in an assigned area
- Resolves complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards
- Makes a significant contribution to change-the-bank projects and offers solutions at an advanced level
- Serves as an analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team to support deliverables/initiatives
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations, mostly but not limited to the loan documentation process
- Responsible for escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Identifies loan related control deficiencies and implements appropriate procedures and solutions to mitigate any risk or control losses
- Identifies opportunities to reduce expenses
- Applies in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area to resolve issues related to loan documentation processes
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how own loan function collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals
- Influences decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization
- Serves as the first point of escalation for staff members, management, and internal/external clients
- Assumes informal/formal leadership role within the team, is involved in the coaching and training of new recruits, and provides guidance and support to junior staff
- Creates, develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, and seeks to understand their needs and provides solutions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
- Persuades and influences others through collaborative communication skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Individuals are expected to be a subject matter expert in one (or more) specific skill sets, business areas or products
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.