- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience in the lending field.
- Outstanding business development skills complimented with appropriate credit knowledge for the purpose of growing portfolio with quality loans.
- Exceptional customer service skills to support business development initiatives.
- Ability to assess risk and provide recommendations on approval commercial or real estate loans.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Will require registration as a Mortgage Loan Officer under the National Mortgage Licensing System.
- Works closely with more senior staff in developing new business in the assigned office in addition to servicing exiting, commercial and real estate customers. Establishes ability to review loan analysis within the guidelines and policies of the association, processes and approves loan requests within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with Association guidelines and grows proficiencies. Prepares and submits loan requests that exceed delegated lending authority to the appropriate management level along with recommendation for approval or rejection. Works with other Association personnel including credit analysts’ ln loans exceeding delegated authority. Establishes business relationships with agricultural producers, rural land owners and business leaders in the community and cultivates these relationships to expand lending opportunities.
- Represents the association at local and regional community and market related activities. Promotes the association by maintaining good public and member relations and assists with or attends corporate functions.
- Makes and services leases, loans for operating equipment and real estate, and offering other related services such as cash management products and crop insurances within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Develops proficiencies and makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing within limits of authority in order to exercise credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Learns to evaluate and apply eligibility and scope of financing for all new loans and ensures verification of assets and liabilities. Secures background and credit history on new loans, repeat loans and renewals. Provides for evaluation of loan collateral in accordance with association policies and procedures. Works with loan process to ensure proper lien perfection on all collateral.
- Develops proficiency in simple to moderately complex credit analyses. Reviews balance sheets, income statements and cash flows of potential borrows to ascertain creditworthiness. Works with credit analysts on loans in process and maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by Association.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, reamortizations, assumptions, additional advances, extensions, conversions, insurance claims, subordination’s to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, severance agreements.
- Learns to assess that loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Assists staff and management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- Assures that loan covenants are maintained as required.
- Assists with the title examination process on prospective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Reviews loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA polices and regulations.
- Ability to work well with and engage people on a continual basis as a representative of the Association to build good will and rapport.
- Strong communication skills.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate-level accounting/financial analyses under close supervision.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $8 billion in total assets and employs over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement