- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resource Management, or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- PHR Designation or SPHR Designation preferred but not required
- Strong general HR background as expressed in the HR Generalist description providing versatility to work across the range of HR Operations as required.
- Advises employee and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures in areas of defined responsibilities.
- Interacts with association hiring managers through coordination of job postings, organizing incoming applications, communicating with candidates, and providing status reports to management.
- Efficiently operates Applicant Tracking System to effectively process employee applicants and provide support to hiring managers as needed throughout the process. Ensures policies, procedures and employment laws related to hiring are followed. Under moderate oversight, will generate new offer, transfer, and promotion letters as well as personnel action forms to address changes in employee titles, cost centers, supervisors, and other data required in the HRIS system. Maintains appropriate file documentation for all related activity.
- Manages the predictive index website and function in new hire and other uses by running reports to end users of the report. May serve as, or have experience as, a trained PI analyst that can interpret data on individual patterns.
- Ability to recognize employee relations issues and engage appropriate resources and conduct employee interviews and develop appropriate reports to more senior leadership. Administers the employee assistance program.
- Responsible for the payroll and benefit functions including coordination on delivery of benefits, payroll processes, and other programs with vendors including Farm Credit Bank and AgFirst. Monitors time sheet completion and responsible for leave administration including FMLA and ADA leave and tracking. Can routinely advise managers on time reporting issues and address questions related thereto.
- Responsible for administration of onboarding and offboarding of Association employees and following established procedures to notify appropriate individuals. Understands and interprets policies and procedures supporting onboarding and offboarding requirements.
- Monitors employee driving records and reports those with cautions, or those that pose significant risk to the Association to manager immediately.
- Supports the Association’s service awards and distribution of awards to executive, senior and departmental managers for their employees. Responsible for monitoring unemployment claims and other adverse employment claims and for ensuring responses are filed timely and correctly. Routinely handles unemployment claims with moderate oversight.
- Processes benefit and payroll changes throughout the year and ensures that withholdings for Child Support Payments or other garnishments are appropriately addressed.
- Supports Association’s EEO reporting, Affirmative Action Plans, Vets Reports, ADA reporting and any other required reporting.
- Maintains personnel records for Association employees and directors and effectively organizes and manages those systems.
- May assist in compensation practices including job description analysis and compensation analytics as directed by Association compensation practices. May perform audit practices related to the Association incentive plan.
- May support payroll reconciliation activities.
- General knowledge of office equipment and systems used for the storage and retrieval of business information.
- General knowledge of standard records management and file classification practices.
- Specialized knowledge of written correspondence principles.
- Ability to communicate/coordinate effectively with all levels of management as well as with outside vendors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to travel on a moderate basis.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $8 billion in total assets and employs over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement