Are you graduating and looking for a teaching position that will allow you to learn and get a wide variety of experience while on the job? Maybe you are going to graduate school and don’t want the responsibility of your own classroom while taking classes? If so, the Associate Teacher position with Bryan ISD is ideal for you.
Bryan ISD is hiring a cohort of 15 Associate Teachers to start on January 3, 2022. In order to qualify for an interview, you will need to be fully certified to teach in TEXAS by the January 3, 2022 start date.
There are some really great benefits to this position including:
· Earn $200 per day.
· First chance at any teacher openings in the District in the spring 2022 semester.
· Counts towards a TRS year of service.
· Accrued leave days.
· Eligible for BISD benefits including our FREE Employee Health Clinic.
· Special training opportunities exclusive to this cohort of Associate Teachers.
· Eligible for the BISD Attendance Incentive Programs.
· And a Teaching position for the 2022-2023 school year.
If you are interested in applying for an Associate Teacher position, please go to www.bryanisd>careers and complete your application as soon as possible.
Job Title: Associate Teacher
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal
Pay Rate: $200 Per day plus Benefits
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus Date Revised: October 2021
Primary Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth that will ensure all students succeed. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Qualifications: Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree from accredited university Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of core academic subject assigned General knowledge of curriculum and instruction Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience: At least one semester student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Align the major functions of the assignment with district goals such that all students succeed.
1. Implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program
2. Present lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
6. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
7. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process. Student Growth and Development 8. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
9. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
10. Meet with teachers and staff in Professional Learning Communities to further student achievement based on discussions of data, interventions and classroom performance. Classroom Management and Organization
11. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
12. Performs all extra duties as required by the building principal.
13. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook.
14. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
15. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials. Communication
16. Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school.
17. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
18. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly. Professional Growth and Development
19. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
20. Meet with teachers and staff in Professional Learning Communities to strengthen teaching practices through discussions and data analysis.
21. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
22. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
23. Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.