About this Job
Job Listing: Hospitality Summer Staff
To apply- please fill out the following application – https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/5cGRcsD0j1X178TfVf
About Working at Blueprint:
Blueprint Ministries is a non-profit who’s goal is to restore hope and homes for individuals living at or below the poverty line. Blueprint provides a unique opportunity for college aged people looking to make a difference in the lives of others. Summer Staff will lead, serve, and make a meaningful impact on people’s lives. In a typical year Blueprint restores between 20-30 homes, and workers with 1500 volunteers from 50 different organizations. Blueprint ensures that all Summer Staff will be given the tools they need to succeed and flourish.
BLUEPRINT EXISTS TO:
- Be a part of the urban San Antonio community by sharing Christ’s extravagant love, hope and grace.
- Serve low income homeowners of San Antonio by rebuilding, renovating and improving sub-standard housing.
- Provide purposeful work opportunities for youth and adult volunteers as they rebuild homes.
The Hospitality Intern will assist the Director of Hospitality & Homeowner Relations in all elements of meal service and serving our Blueprint homeowners (in partnership with our construction teams). The intern in this position is an early riser and sometimes the last to go to bed. Much of the behind the scenes work that gets done at Blueprint is at the hands of the hospitality team. The goal of the hospitality team is to provide a seamless experience for campers and adult leaders. Whether it be at breakfast or on the work site, we aim to bless each participant in the Blueprint experience by exhibiting the love of Christ!
- Disables and arms buildings in the morning and at night
- Responsible for setting up tables and dining room for breakfast
- Assist cook with any serving of the breakfast meal
- Clean and maintain licensing standards for Texas commercial kitchen
- Write ‘Thank You’ cards to all volunteers
- Bake dessert as needed and prep any food for dinner
- Bake banana bread and prep gift bags for homeowners
- Deliver gift bags weekly and spend time with homeowners
- Shop weekly with Director of Hospitality and Homeowner Relations
- Inventory kitchen for ordering weekly
- Receive orders from food supplier weekly
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Highly relational
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Can make responsible, independent decisions, and work without oversight
- Ability to persevere through physical and emotionally taxing days
- Flexible team player
- Needs to be able to lift 30-50 lbs.
For more information or questions, please contact Ron Mayott at firstname.lastname@example.org