About this Job
Job Listing: Construction Intern
To apply- Please fill out the following application – https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/5cGRcsD0j1X178TfVf
About Working at Blueprint:
Blueprint Ministries is a non-profit who’s goal is to restore hope and homes for individuals living at or below the poverty line. Blueprint provides a unique opportunity for college aged people looking to make a difference in the lives of others. Summer Staff will lead, serve, and make a meaningful impact on people’s lives. In a typical year Blueprint restores between 20-30 homes, and workers with 1500 volunteers from 50 different organizations. Blueprint ensures that all Summer Staff will be given the tools they need to succeed and flourish.
BLUEPRINT EXISTS TO:
- Be a part of the urban San Antonio community by sharing Christ’s extravagant love, hope and grace.
- Serve low income homeowners of San Antonio by rebuilding, renovating and improving sub-standard housing.
- Provide purposeful work opportunities for youth and adult volunteers as they rebuild homes.
Construction Interns will lead groups of middle and high school volunteers as they complete construction projects on substandard houses. Construction projects include roofing, drywall installation, painting, and flooring. While having a background in construction is beneficial, it is not required. Our onsite construction directors train and guide all interns through the summer. While at the work site and with our campers, we aim to bless each participant in the Blueprint experience by exhibiting the love of Christ!
- Lead student and volunteer leaders
- Manage worksite and tool inventory
- Coordinate materials
- Work with construction directors to make homes warmer, safer and drier
- Attend the daily construction team meeting
- Work tasks necessary to the success of camp before/after work day (i.e. camp store/game room)
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Highly relational
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Can make responsible, independent decisions, and work without oversight
- Ability to persevere through physical and emotionally taxing days
- Flexible team player
- Needs to be able to lift 30-50 lbs.
For more information or questions, please contact Ron Mayott at firstname.lastname@example.org