Hiring multiple, temporary positions. Master’s or doctoral degree in bioinformatics or a related discipline required. Multiple locations.
COVID-19 Laboratory Associates use and expand their skill set while assisting public health laboratories with the COVID-19 pandemic response. Positions are temporary (6-8 months), full-time appointments and will allow you to gain valuable experience while networking with scientists on the front lines of public health. Some laboratories are specifically seeking master’s- and doctoral-level bioinformaticians for associate positions to develop pipelines and analyze COVID-19 sequencing data.
Associates work in local and state public health laboratories throughout the US and its territories and work on critical projects related to COVID-19 response. Appropriate on the job training is provided as needed. Associates fill critical roles building bioinformatics solutions to enable laboratory information systems to store and report COVID-19 test results.
- Stipend ($60,000-$67,000/year for master’s level, $67,000/year for doctoral-level)
- $500/month allowance for required health insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development allowance
- Student membership to APHL
- Access to distance-based learning activities to achieve proficiency in select public health laboratory core competencies
- Varies depending on needs of host laboratories. Minimum master’s degree. Some appointments may require advanced degree(s) and specific laboratory skills and experience.
- Narrative statement;
- Resume or CV;
- Three (3) references for letters of recommendation;
- Transcripts from all degree-granting institutions;
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent residency.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have completed degree requirements prior to starting the program
- Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis and must be submitted online.
Work Location: US state, local, and territorial public health laboratories
For online application and more information, click the external application link on Handshake.